POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Students are permitted one trial class in two different classes per year. (Example. One trial class is used for the AcroTumbling class, and the second can be used for the Aerial Hammock class.)
Trial classes are $10 each class. The admin will charge your card after registering for a trial class.
Class payments are auto-drafted on the 1st of each month. Declined payments will be charged a $10 fee if not rectified by the 2nd of the month. For families only using cash payments, your tuition is due on the first day of class for your student. Students who are not up-to-date with their payments cannot participate in class. Your monthly payment is an installment of your yearly tuition, meaning each month will cost the same amount regardless of the number of classes in the month. .
For all classes, there is a $35 annual student registration fee or a $60 annual family registration fee. Families who register by Thursday, July 27, receive a discount totaling $25 per student. 2023-2024 registration fees cover classes from August 2023 to July 2024. A new registration fee will be due in August 2024 if your student continues for the upcoming year. Students enrolled in multiple classes or families with multiple students receive a 5% discount on their second, third, etc class. Their first class is full-price.
For in-home instruction, payments must be made before your instructor will drive to your lesson. Late payments may result in a shortened lesson.
All payments are nonrefundable; however, unused payments can be transferred to another class or service. If a family wants to withdraw from Catapult Movement, they must notify the office (email, call, or text) before the 1st of the month when monthly tuition is due. Withdrawing from a class on the 1st of the month or any day after will not result in a refund.
CashApp/Venmo/PayPal will no longer be accepted as methods of payment for weekly classes.
When you miss a class (or if a holiday falls on one of your classes), you are welcome to come to a make-up class to substitute the missed class. For a list of possible make-up classes, view the Make-Up Class Chart.
HOLIDAYS & BREAKS
Catapult Movement observes the Sabbath and Biblical Feast Days. On Feast Days, Catapult Movement also closes at 5pm the day before.
Monday, September 4, 2023 (Labor Day)
Sunday, September 24 (5pm) to Monday, September 25, 2023 (Day of Atonement)*
Sunday, October 8 to Saturday, October 14, 2023 (Fall Break)
Sunday, November 19 to Saturday November 25, 2023 (Thanksgiving Break)
Thursday, December 21, 2023 to Tuesday, January 2, 2024 (Winter Break)
Monday, January 15, 2024 (Martin Luther King Jr Day)
Monday, February 19, 2024 (President’s Day)
Sunday, March 31 to Saturday, April 6 2024 (Spring Break)
Monday, April 22 (5pm) to Tuesday, April 23, 2024 (Passover)*
Monday, April 29 (5pm ) to Tuesday, April 30, 2024 (7th Day of Passover)*
Monday, May 27, 2024 (Memorial Day)
BEHAVIOR DISMISSAL POLICY
Catapult Movement will have zero-tolerance for violence, swearing, blatant defiance, and any other inappropriate disruptive behavior during class/camp. If your student does not obey their instructors to the extent that they are disruptive to the class/camp and/or a danger to themselves and others, your student will be immediately dismissed from class/camp without a refund. Parents will be contacted and expected to pick up their child immediately.
For AcroDance, AcroTumbling, and/or Flexibility classes:
1. Please wear fitted athletic clothes or a leotard with shorts/tights.
2. Hair should be pulled out of the face in a ponytail or bun.
3. Shoes should not be worn on acrobatic equipment. Socks are not needed in class.
For All Aerial classes:
1. Remove all jewelry (earrings, rings, bracelets, anklets, chokers, necklaces, etc) before entering class. Jewelry can get stuck and rip our fabric. It can also get caught and hurt your student. If your student has newly pierced ears and cannot remove their earrings, please cover their earrings with band-aids. Parents must provide these band-aids for their own students. Catapult will not provide band-aids on a weekly basis for each student. If a student has permanent jewelry, please tape it down to your body.
2. Do not wear long, acrylic nails in aerial classes, as they can rip the fabric and prevent a safe, firm grip on the apparatus. Please keep fingernails and toenails clipped low for classes.
3. Do not wear clothing with zippers or sequins because this damages the aerial fabric.
4. Students should wear leotards with sleeves (preferred) or fitted athletic clothes. Extra hang from t-shirts can get stuck in fabric apparatus. Under the arms is a common grip point for aerial and can be prone to irritation/redness/bruising.
5. Bottoms (leggings, tights, etc) should cover the back of the knees to protect the skin behind the knees. This is a common grip point for aerial and is prone to irritation/redness/bruising.
6. Hair should be put in a bun or in two braids. Ponytails can get caught and pulled in fabric apparatus.
7. Shoes should not be worn on aerial apparatus. Grippy socks are permitted, but not required.
Participants must practice reasonable measures to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. For in-home lessons, participants must confirm that he/she does not have any symptoms of COVID-19 (and has not been exposed to COVID-19) before the instructor begins traveling to the class location. Symptoms include, but not limited to fever, sore throat, coughing, aches, respiratory problems, dry cough, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, chest pain, rash on skin, discoloration of fingers or toes, and headache. We ask that the same caution is used for public classes.
IN-HOME/PRIVATE LESSON POLICIES
For in-home lessons, payments must be made to CATAPULT MOVEMENT before the instructor begins traveling to the student’s location. Payments are non-refundable. Payments can be accepted over Square, PayPal, Venmo, Facebook Pay, or CashApp. Service charges apply for all mobile transactions.
30-Minute One-on-One Lessons (1 student)
1 Lesson: $49 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $190 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $560 + Mileage
30-Minute Semi-Private Lessons (2 students/price for each student)
1 Lesson: $35 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $135 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $395 + Mileage
30-Minute Private Classes (3 or more students/price for each student)
1 Lesson: $19 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $70 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $200 + Mileage
1-Hour One-on-One Lessons (1 student)
1 Lesson: $65 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $255 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $755 + Mileage
1-Hour Semi-Private Lessons (2 students/price for each student)
1 Lesson: $45 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $175 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $515 + Mileage
1-Hour Private Classes (3 or more students/price for each student)
1 Lesson: $25 + Mileage
4 Lessons: $95 + Mileage
12 Lessons: $275 + Mileage
Tumbling Mat Rental: $10 per lesson
Catapult Movement does not provide gymnastics (bars, beam, rings, etc) or aerial equipment (rig, silks, lyra hoop, etc) for in-home lessons.
Mileage fees apply to classes to all lessons depending on the distance from the home office.
Mileage Zone Fee per Lesson
0 - 9 Miles $6
10 - 15 Miles $8
16 - 25 Miles $10
26 - 35 Miles $12
36 - 45 Miles $14
in-home instruction agreement
For all in-home/on-location instruction, the participant must agree to:
1) clear an open space for instruction before the instructor arrives, moving any stationary or hanging objects that could be an obstruction during lessons including but not limited to coffee tables, couches, ladders, toys, etc. This space is suggested to be at minimum 5x10 feet for one-on-one lessons and 7x11 for each student for private classes.
2) dress in appropriate attire (leotard, dance shorts, tights, and/or fitted athletic wear) for every class.
3) ensure the comfort and safety of the instructor and her assistant. If the instructor feels that she or her assistant has been put in an unsafe circumstance, she may notify the participant that the classes have been discontinued. If this occurs, no refunds will be issued.
VIRTUAL INstruction agreement
For all virtual classes, the participant must agree to:
1) position the camera in a location that enables the instructor to see his/her full body during the full duration of instruction.
2) clear an open space for instruction, moving any stationary or hanging objects that could be an obstruction during lessons.
3) dress in appropriate attire (leotard, dance shorts, tights, and/or fitted athletic wear) for every class.
4) remain focused during instruction, giving the instructor full-attention.
5) use any suggested equipment, i.e. yoga blocks, mats, walls, props, etc, in the way that the instructor teaches.
For in-home lessons, if a student needs to cancel a lesson, please contact CATAPULT MOVEMENT 24 hours before the scheduled lesson. Students who cancel within 24 hours of their scheduled lesson will be charged for the lesson.
For in-home student, tardy and no-show students will still be charged for their scheduled lesson. If CATAPULT MOVEMENT arrives at the decided location and the student(s) are not present and cannot be reached, CATAPULT MOVEMENT will wait up to 10 minutes for arrival. If the student does not arrive or respond to messages from CATAPULT MOVEMENT within 10 minutes, the instructor will leave. This will be seen as a "no-show," and the student will still be charged for the lesson. If the tardy student(s) arrive within their scheduled lesson, CATAPULT MOVEMENT will conduct a shortened lesson in the remaining scheduled time. For example, if the student arrives 20 minutes late for a one-hour lesson, he will receive a 40-minute lesson. If the student will not be present within their scheduled time but would still like a lesson on that day, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee added to the lesson if time permits for the instructor.
For in-home students, appointment confirmation texts are sent on the day of the lesson. A 30-minute window is given for potential arrival time (15 minutes before and after the scheduled lesson to account for traffic). If a student does not reply to the appointment confirmation text and/or the COVID-19 check-up and cannot be reached via phone, the instructor will not drive out to lessons. This will be seen as a "no-show," and the student will still be charged for the lesson.
Last updated Sept 6, 2023.